The following are some exciting facts on wood pellets! We believe as we develop a mature wood pellet industry through small scale co-opeartives wood pellets can become more affordable, more convenient, and significantly greener!
- 1/2 the cost of fuel oil
- Less than 1/2 the cost of propane!
- Capital cost of switching to wood pellet heating can be as cheap as $1600.
- Manageable for the elderly!
- You can leave your home for extended periods of time.
- Offers thermostat and temperature controled heating.
- Insurable in Mobile Homes
- No Chimney fires
- Not hot to the touch like woodstoves.
- If spilled, wood pellets are non-toxic.
- 99.9% Combustion Efficiency, anything that can be burned is burned.
- No aromatic hydrocarbons (creosote)
- If pellets are high quality, particulate emissions are very low.
Mature Technology & Industry!
- Wood pellet heating equipment, specifically pellet stoves are easy to install, maintain and fix.
- Wood pellets are used worldwide.
- Pellets can be purchased in 1 ton reusable bags and stored in silos or other containers. This will reduce the need for plastic.
- Wood is a local resource in Vermont.
- Purchasing pellets through a business with high environmental standards, will ensure long term health and sustainability of the resource and ecosystem.